MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: review/feedback of MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB is in my opinion the best bulletin board system available, and yes I am including the commercial ones I've tried in the past. I am seeing great potential in MyBB for more than what it currently does because of the great design and the obvious hard work the developers have put into this great project. I have a few ideas though. A log out system that used a CAPTCHA to confirm that the user wishes to log out instead of the current security system, or maybe being able to choose between the two.

MyBB has potential as great "barebones" content management system because it can fairly easily integrate into a custom website. However, I don't see any documentation on this, so I'm looking through the source code to see how things work behind the scenes. So far, I've managed to get an external (outside the MyBB installation, still within the same domain) log in form to work. However, I'm having trouble doing that with the log out system because of the security system that MyBB uses. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but it'd just be nice if MyBB had options for the security system tied with the logging out process.
(2010-09-29, 07:25 PM)ActionSplash Wrote: [ -> ]A log out system that used a CAPTCHA to confirm that the user wishes to log out instead of the current security system, or maybe being able to choose between the two.

Not going to argue the rest of your post but I think a CAPTCHA on log out is ridiculous. CAPTCHA was developed to keep bots out not keep humans in...
(2010-09-30, 12:38 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-29, 07:25 PM)ActionSplash Wrote: [ -> ]A log out system that used a CAPTCHA to confirm that the user wishes to log out instead of the current security system, or maybe being able to choose between the two.

Not going to argue the rest of your post but I think a CAPTCHA on log out is ridiculous. CAPTCHA was developed to keep bots out not keep humans in...

I like the idea, my users will never leave! /Sarcasm.

Obvious that won't be added to the core at least. Try requesting that as a plugin.