MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB equivalent to IPB's SSI.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to using MyBB (coming off of IPB) and I wanted to know if there is any MyBB equivalent to IPB's ssi.php script. What I would like to do is essentially output posts from a news forum to the front page of the site to provide a blog-like news feed. With ssi.php, this was relatively easy but I can't seem to find anything similar included or otherwise for MyBB. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!
I'd love to have one, being an IPB license holder myself, but this so far has been my only workaround.

http://alpaca.rockbandhelp.com/

I took my news feed off an RSS feed and just used RSS2HTML.
I don't understand fine...
But I think that you can do that with the portal selecting the forum with the threads that you want...
IPB's SSI news script is used when you're trying to get a news feed into an external website, not the portal. What you're trying to say does the same thing, only the news feeds go to the portal.
I'm having trouble using RSS2HTML
It says that it can't open the link to the RSS generated and it cannot open the template.
I just copy and paste the link the RSS generates when you ask for it, but could the problem be it asks for an XML file ?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.