MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: **Important**Backup problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to make a backup i get this error

The zlib library for PHP is not enabled - you cannot create GZIP compressed backups.

Whats wrong...
Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Use GZip Page Compression? Yes.
Nope still getting this error. This is not my site but a site I admin at the settings in that part of the ACP are the same as mine so that cant be it.
I guess the problem comes with the host.
(2010-09-30, 01:14 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Use GZip Page Compression? Yes.
No. If you read the error, you'd see that you aren't answering the question...

@blake: You'll need to contact your host, zlib for PHP is turned off or not installed on your server.
Err ok I will tell my friend, you think I need a backup via acp to transfer host...?
You can either download it as plain text via the ACP which should work, or backup via phpMyAdmin. The extension to zip it up isn't installed on your server.
Ok thanks guys now I hope I can make this host transfer work well, never did it with a host without Cpanel, actually I've never done it >.<
Errm... you don't need to transfer your site to another host for a simple backup.
The ACP backup just makes a backup of all MyBB tables in your MySQL database. You can achieve the same with MySQLdump or PhpMyAdmin.

The only thing missing is the zlib, the library for php to handle zip archives. You can of course contact your host to set it up or simply download a text file as Matt suggested. It'll work the same way, will just be bigger.