MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fassim Anti Forum Spam - updated v1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2011-11-11, 04:27 PM)MEDIA-DESIGN Wrote: [ -> ]And I wait for API key... :-)
Why You not work on processing automated API keys, not manual ? ;-(

Because right now we are limiting the number of users using the system. Its easier for us to control what's going on in the development stages.

Thanks for your patients.
(2011-11-11, 05:03 PM)kmoneil Wrote: [ -> ]Because right now we are limiting the number of users using the system. Its easier for us to control what's going on in the development stages.

Thanks for your patients.

Thank You for very fast answer ;-)
O.K. Well...I wait My API key, but I have not idea how long Huh Why You not sell API keys? (find cheap price, about a few $ Sleepy )

THANK YOU "kmoneil" 1000 times! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
Sorry, I have one stupid question...where is list of blocked spammers? Or how can I found? Is it in ACP or...? Blush
I think the API keys will be sold after a while because they have the right to make money from their plugins too.
I heard about Fassim Anti Spam a few days ago when I was trying to find a way to prevent spammers from registering at my forum. It sounds like a wonderful idea and I love how customizable it is. Thanks so much for creating it! I'm looking forward to receiving my API key when you have a chance to email it to me. Smile
We've just sent out another 300 keys. Thank you for being so patient.
@kmoneil, this is an awesome plugin! I used to use security questions plugin but stopped using it when I installed your plugin and I have had no spammers sign up. I use this plugin to block out signups from countries where I get spammer signups since those countries bring nothing useful to my forum anyway. I stopped using any kind of kapcha when I installed security questions and it was great but this plugin rocks and should be included in MYBB 2.0.

I do have one suggestion though. When a person tries to sign up from a country you have blocked, I think that the message should say something like "Thanks for your registration!" instead of "The country you are signing up from has been blocked" so that way the person does not try to find a way around the system...
Thanks aglinx!

I don't use the captcha's on any of my forums either, I think they are very annoying. The only issue with that is, if someone legit was to get blocked it would be hard to troubleshoot. Maybe what I need to do is allow users to enter their own errors messages. This way you could enter whatever you wanted to.

We are adding a couple new features that we've been testing and its producing some really good results against bots.

I just thought of another idea. If a person is on your list of countries not allowed to register, maybe a email can be sent to the admin with the user information when they try to register.
Or, they can be added to a special group that requires admin to personally activate their account.

Just some ideas...
(2011-12-07, 08:46 PM)aglinx Wrote: [ -> ]I just thought of another idea. If a person is on your list of countries not allowed to register, maybe a email can be sent to the admin with the user information when they try to register.
Or, they can be added to a special group that requires admin to personally activate their account.

Just some ideas...

Nice, good idea's! Keep them coming.
I signed up at this page about a week ago but I never received my API key.

The only thing I can guess that might be wrong is I used my forum name and not my real name. For name I gave my Admin name - Puppyite. Am I required to give my real name?

Thank you for your help.

I am excited to try this plugin!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13