MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge two forums on MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just merged a phpbb forum I have taken over into a MyBB forum on my desktop and then I was going to merge that database into my 1.6 forum also running on localhost and then reupload the database once I had made any tweaks to it.

However I just noticed that Merge doesnt seem to offer the ability to Merge 1.6 to 1.6 just 1.4 to 1.6.

Is there a way to do it?

Or shall I just gamble and import the phpbb3 straight into my 1.6 forum online?
the latest merge will do 1.6 to 1.6 i think they just forgot to update some of the version numbers i have already done this on my forum so know it works.
Thanks! I just tried but it said:

The MyBB 1.4 database could not be found in 'gamersforum'. Please ensure MyBB 1.4 exists at this database and with this table prefix.

Will try and do it live! Thats gonna be fun.
Can you upgrade 1.4 to 1.6 and then merge?
When i run the merger i get this
Quote:MyBB Merge System - Version: 1.6.0
Welcome
Welcome to the MyBB Merge System. The MyBB Merge system has been designed to allow you to convert a supported forum software to MyBB 1.4. In addition, you may also merge multiple forums into one MyBB Forum.
when you run the merge does yours say version 1.6.0
Make sure also that you're supplying the correct database prefix. This is mybb_ by default. If you're still having problems let us know.
Hi yes, It does say 1.6.0 and I am using the correct database prefix. I use a different one to the default mybb_ one. Currently my site is quiet as I have stopped promoting it whilst developing a new theme so I could probably get away with deactivating all the plugins and just doing it live, although would prefer to do it manually.

I also have a different admin folder on my live site. Could that make any difference?

I am also doing this on localhost so I dont know if that could have any bearing!
(2010-09-30, 03:55 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upgrade 1.4 to 1.6 and then merge?

I am actually using 1.6. The merge software says it works for mybb 1.4 but adbrad thinks that it also works for 1.6 but it hasnt been changed. Anyway as I mentioned in the earlier post its not the end of the world if I have to do it live!

What about the prefix though, the message you mentioned is usually only encountered when the improper database information is entered... usually the prefix being wrong.
Hmm... I am 99% sure the prefix was correct but I have now imported the phpbb forumn live into my bb forum live and it worked great.

Ok, I'll still look into merging 1.6 to 1.6 once we get the next set of commits ready to go.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3