MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum no. of posts to open thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any modification or plugin to do this? To specify a minimum number of posts ( per total on all forum ) required for one member to have to be able to open threads or leave replys on a specific forum.

Thank you and please excuse my bad english.
You can do this without a plugin. Create a new usergroup based on the registered group then limit the original registered group so they can't start new threads. Setup a group promotion to move users from the registered group to the new group after they've made a certain number of posts.
No, let's say I want to make a forum where people can sell or buy stuff. I want people to be able to open a thread or leave a reply in this forum only if they have minimun ... let's say 20 posts. I want them to be able to read that forum and it's posts but to be able to write there only if they have a minimum ammount of posts.

Thanks in advance !
(2010-09-30, 05:28 PM)absirt Wrote: [ -> ]No, let's say I want to make a forum where people can sell or buy stuff. I want people to be able to open a thread or leave a reply in this forum only if they have minimun ... let's say 20 posts. I want them to be able to read that forum and it's posts but to be able to write there only if they have a minimum ammount of posts.

Thanks in advance !

You should re-read what he wrote; you can do exactly that with what he said.
Still possible without a plugin. Create the new usergroup, just as AJS already said.
Let's say the new usergroup will be called "Members" (just for my explanation).

Goto [ACP > Forums & Posts >Forum Management > "Special Forum" > Permissions]
Edit the permissions of your "special" forum, and revoke the permissions for the group
"Registered" to post threads/replies etc. "Members" group has these permissions yet.

After that, create a promotion, to switch "Registered" with X post count to "Members".
(2010-09-30, 05:28 PM)absirt Wrote: [ -> ]No, let's say I want to make a forum where people can sell or buy stuff. I want people to be able to open a thread or leave a reply in this forum only if they have minimun ... let's say 20 posts. I want them to be able to read that forum and it's posts but to be able to write there only if they have a minimum ammount of posts.

Thanks in advance !

Yes, just do as I said above and set all the permissions as desired.