MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ...I just locked myself out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay...
I just did something really stupid. I was testing usergroups, and I changed my group from Admin to one of the lesser usergroups that has no admin privileges.
I'm the only registered member and I can't log into the admin panel now.

Can someone please help?
Is there any way to change this? Maybe from my cpanel or something?!
go to phpmyadmin and find your mybb_users table then find your user name and change you gid to 4 and all should be good
Why have there been so many reports of people doing this lately?

Protip: Keep two admin accounts; one as a "system" account (the superadmin) and one as a "personal" account.
Thank you... so much. <3
i think people should just be more careful when changing setting or maybe a confirmation could be added
are you sure you would like to remove this user from administrators?
or similar
Not a bad idea.
Suggested it already, but generally people don't read these little popup warnings or other similar things that come up.
so do it in big red writing...... just an idea
(2010-09-30, 09:03 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]so do it in big red writing...... just an idea

People still wouldn't read it - just like they don't read the rules or guidelines here even when the font is large and red - or bother searching before asking the same question that's been answered 20 times already this week.
Gee AJS, why don't you tell us how you really feel! Big Grin