MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link color change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi is there a way i can change the link color from black on Mybb. I dont want the main ones to change in the actual layout, just the ones in the posts.

thanks

reece
Two things to do. First, in the postbit_classic template, find:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

change to:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

Then, in global.css, add this:

.post_body a {
	color: #FFFFFF;
}

Change the colour to whatever you want.
Where is the global.css file located?
ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > global.css > Edit it in advanced mode.
Got it. Thank you +REP Smile
I was looking for the same thing and after i tried a few other codes with no success this work like a charm.
Thanks Smile +rep
Thanks Matt!

When I do that, the links in the posts do not show a different color if I hover over them.

How do I change the hover color now?

Thanks
If I add:

.post_body a {

a:link color:#5286b8; 
   a:visited color:#1b1b1b;
   a:hover color:#1b1b1b;

}		

to my global.css it does not work. What did I do wrong?[/quote]
(2010-09-30, 07:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Two things to do. First, in the postbit_classic template, find:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

change to:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

Then, in global.css, add this:

.post_body a {
	color: #FFFFFF;
}

Change the colour to whatever you want.

I made these 2 changes, and saw absolutely no difference. It should change the color of links in standard posts only, correct? Not, for example, thread links on the index page, etc.? I checked links in posts and links in the calendar, and nothing changed. Huh

The only way I was able to see a change was to edit the link, hover, and visited values in the global.css... But that changed them everywhere.