MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question Where are the setting Display options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I modify the DISPLAY option of my thread for myBB.

For example some forum package have username, detail, post#, join date, on the left tabbed side. But myBB has it all the heading on top of the post, how would change that? Or just hide some of useless information like join date, post # etc..
Admin CP>Settings>Showthread Options
Select "Display posts using the classic layout"
EDIT: Your already registered users may need to set the option in their usercp too

To remove any of the profile's details, you need to edit the postbit templates

Works great thanks.! But having little problem with Postbit, how do I edit the script or to hide The Stars or Admin picture, or Member type?
Remove the {$post['userstars']} and {$post['groupimage']} and any other detail you want from posbit and postbit_classic templates
In the UCP there is an option that says " display posts in classic postbit". This is the post style where everything is on the left.

To remove parts, go to (for classic postbit edits):

ACP->templates and styles->templates->THEME NAME->postbit templates->Postbit_classic

To remove parts, go to (for classic postbit edits):

ACP->templates and styles->templates->THEME NAME->postbit templates->Postbit

and remove any parts you don want Smile

You can also run this query in phpMyAdmin to change the setting to the classic postbit for existing users:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0' 
(2010-10-01, 07:27 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You can also run this query in phpMyAdmin to change the setting to the classic postbit for existing users:

Only if you want to force all existing users of course Smile
(2010-10-01, 07:27 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You can also run this query in phpMyAdmin to change the setting to the classic postbit for existing users:

thanks mate just what i was looking for.
+rep