MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the best forum software for me ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I am using phpBB2 with 2300 users
I was okay for a while with that forum... I want to change and update... not sure I do like the phpBB3 tough, so I did a little search. Even tough I am using Wordpress on my article side of site, I am not sure that bbPress is the best choice for me

What forum would be a good choice for
- 2300 user
- french or english
- send PM
- RSS
- Forums and sub-forums
- need to be able to "embed" a youtube video when members are posting
- Profiles

I use this to try to help me
http://www.forummatrix.org/compare/bbPre...letin+MyBB
or even maybe phpfox forum could be in the options

There's no French language pack available currently, but everything else is covered.
ok thanks

and is ti true that myBB was not updated since 2008 ?
... MyBB 1.6 just came out recently, meaning it's from 2010... So no, that's not true.
(2010-10-01, 10:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's no French language pack available currently, but everything else is covered.

AHH!

I was about to set up a French forum, this really complicates things. I guess we will begin working on a French translation haha
(2010-10-01, 11:20 PM)MPESGT01 Wrote: [ -> ]and is ti true that myBB was not updated since 2008 ?

Don't know where this came from, 1.6 was released in August 2010.
(2010-10-01, 10:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's no French language pack available currently, but everything else is covered.

This is not absolutely true, have a look here :

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75553-p...#pid552743

Unfortunately I cannot read every post here and don't know what goes on on every MyBB resource site; perhaps I should have said there's no French language pack available from the MyBB translations section of the downloads page.
MyBB is a great forum software, but try out phpBB 3 and SMF, install some dummy modifications, themes, etc. and then see what you like, really. That's the most politically-incorrect statement I can make here.

It really comes down to see what you like, and if you want to use MyBB, you've made a great choice, but if you try something else, it's your forum, after all.
MyBB would be a good choice, because almost all qualities you require are found in it. Moreover it has a wordpress integration too.
Pages: 1 2