MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database full of errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a lot of plugins installed before I upgraded to mybb 1.6 and now the database is full of extra fields.

I tried to use the merge system to add only the users and posts to a clean install of mybb 1.6 but I get an error at the first step (mybb_usergroups):

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'gid' at row 1
This isn't a problem with the Merge System, this is a problem with your database. As such, I'll point you in the right direction and move this thread to General Support.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin
SELECT * FROM `mybb_usergroups` WHERE `gid` = ''

It will show you all your usergroups that do not properly have a gid assigned. These will need to be fixed before you can Merge. I have no idea how this happened, but most likely a bad plugin. MattRowgowski or AJS will be able to help more with this.

Moved to General Support
It doesn't return anything .

I can give you access to my database if you want to take a look . I have over 100 000 posts and 10000+ users and i don't want to loose them.
What's the problem with the database and what are you actually trying to achieve?

Seems to me it would probably be easier just to fix the problems with the original database than use the merge system.
I wanted to move the posts and users to a clean mybb install to get rid of the database extra fields .
Fixing the original database would also be fine .

Okay, well what's actually wrong with it?

It's a bit difficult to offer advice if we don't even know what the problem is.
What are you actually wanting support with?? It's hard to actually know what problem you're having.
Here are a few problems:
- some plugin settings are displayed multiple times, even after I uninstalled them
- there are extra fields in the database
- I get an error when I try to disable mybb blogs plugin:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1051 - Unknown table 'mybb_blog_comments'
Query:
DROP TABLE mybb_blog_comments
You should be able to remove the duplicate settings in the ACP >> Configuration >> Settings >> Modify Setting >> Options >> Delete (Group) Setting

What extra fields are in the database?
There are some extra fields in users table: money,purchases,receivefrombuddy .

Since the merge system doesn't work , surely there are differences in a freshly installed mybb database structure and my forum .

I presume it's safe to remove the extra fields manually since I already uninstalled all the plugins .
Pages: 1 2