MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Halo Gear - Now Opened
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The background loads ridiculously slow. But other than that.... seems to load fast.
I know, can people talk about something other than the loading speed? Toungue
(2010-10-03, 08:20 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-03, 04:19 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]A rank system for posting does not seem to be a very compelling feature ... is there anything I can do with this rank? Can I buy something or what? Don't you worry that ranking for post number instead of quality could lead to issues?

No since ranks only show off, it does not offer any other advantages. It's the same with stars, nothing different. More post = more stars.

So your differentiating feature does not do anything. Rethink your strategy.
Nice "custom theme from scratch" using the thead background I've seen on literally every gaming forum recently (RoG and XGC being two examples).

Other than that, not a bad site really. The language selector sticking out of the .bottommenu does look disconcerting though IMO
The thead image doesn't work on larger resolutions as it doesn't go all the way across or repeat...
(2010-10-04, 03:26 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-03, 08:20 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-03, 04:19 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]A rank system for posting does not seem to be a very compelling feature ... is there anything I can do with this rank? Can I buy something or what? Don't you worry that ranking for post number instead of quality could lead to issues?

No since ranks only show off, it does not offer any other advantages. It's the same with stars, nothing different. More post = more stars.

So your differentiating feature does not do anything. Rethink your strategy.

If my strategy is so wrong, why is my forum turning out to be quite popular already?

(2010-10-04, 03:41 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Nice "custom theme from scratch" using the thead background I've seen on literally every gaming forum recently (RoG and XGC being two examples).

Other than that, not a bad site really. The language selector sticking out of the .bottommenu does look disconcerting though IMO

It's only temporary, I'll be getting a nicer one soon.

(2010-10-04, 04:04 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]The thead image doesn't work on larger resolutions as it doesn't go all the way across or repeat...

Read above, it's only temporary.
Just making suggestions for long-term. You're doing well as it is right now. However, I won't waste my time with people who don't really want to hear anything but "Great job!", so, good luck to you and I hope it goes really well Smile
(2010-10-05, 02:12 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Just making suggestions for long-term. You're doing well as it is right now. However, I won't waste my time with people who don't really want to hear anything but "Great job!", so, good luck to you and I hope it goes really well Smile

That's not all I want to hear, I want good feedback which you did offer, but you never really told me anything to change to, just what to change.
It isn't our job to suggest what to do with something you came up with tbh. He made a valid point and now it's your job to expand upon your idea in the first place.
Pages: 1 2