MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: session time out limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,
I tried to find this option couldn't get anywhere....

1.a) is there option so that 'remember me' in login has a limit like 7 days-9 days etc... this will help those members who accidentally leave remember me option checked on cyber cafes...

1.b) also it would be better if we can enable or liable 'remember me' facility in ACP
1. The whole point of it is that it remembers you, there wouldn't be much point in it if it always forgot you after a while. You'd need a plugin or file edit if you wanted to change how long it lasted. Having it expire ater a week wouldn't be much good if it was left logged in in a cafe as it'd still work for a week. What you might want to do, is in ./jscripts/general.js, find and remove line 508:

input.setAttribute("checked", "checked");

Then they'll have to manually tick it to remember them, and wouldn't tick it on a shared computer.

2. The reason it doesn't remember you in the ACP is because otherwise, if you left your computer, anyone could just load the ACP and have access to it. Again, you'd need a plugin or a file edit to make it remember you there.
Point2... u misunderstood....

i was just asking whether we can enable or disable on fronted 'checked or unchecked' (NOT to remember ACP or NOT)