MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is There A Way To Make A Catagory Index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

On various forums I've seen indexes for catagories not forums and catagories. I've photoshopped one to show you what I mean:
Original:
[Image: 300trgx.png]

Photoshopped:
[Image: 2hyyr9j.png]

Is there a plugin or way to do this with MyBB?

Ignore the laptop symbols in the pic, thats my laptop mucking up.
Thanks I'll have a look.
I know this is an old thread, but after I failed with my lack of coding knowledge we gave up on this idea. Now we're starting to update and improve things again and I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. If not has anyone done/know how to do this using xThread?

Thanks for any help.
You want two columns of categories?
Yes, that don't show the forums. Instead if there is a post in any of the forums within the catagory the image shows 'on' next to the catagory.
In global.css add:
.category {
	width: 50%;
	float: left;
}

In forumbit_depth1_cat, add at the very beginning:
<div class="category">

Find:
<br />

Replace with:
</div>

That will hopefully give you two columns. You can then reduce the width and add padding to .category if you prefer.

If you don't want subforums to show on the index, just set it to show 0 in the settings.
(2011-01-05, 09:12 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]In global.css add:
.category {
	width: 50%;
	float: left;
}

In forumbit_depth1_cat, add at the very beginning:
<div class="category">

Find:
<br />

Replace with:
</div>

That will hopefully give you two columns. You can then reduce the width and add padding to .category if you prefer.

If you don't want subforums to show on the index, just set it to show 0 in the settings.

---------------------------------------------------

I tried exactly this, to no avail.

What about two columns for the forums within each category?
What appears for you? Screenshot?
Nothing changes...

I do have a question though...

In my forumbit_depth1_cat when I have to find and replace <br />, do I need to replace all the "<br />" I have two of them?

I hoping to get my forums to look like that "grouped sub forums" plugin, without using another plugin.

I just want to make the code edits myself.

Has anyone actually accomplished this using the mybb software?
Pages: 1 2