MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Referral System Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On my site, people MUST use fill in a referral, not sure why, I couldn't find a setting to disable this behaviour and I have no plugin that should make that happen, I didn't even know this was possible and I have good experience with MyBB.

http://thediscussionzone.com

Can anyone suggest how to disable this behaviour?

Thank you.

Open ./inc/init.php, find:
define("TIME_NOW", time()); 

Add after:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); 

If it works with that, then it's being caused by a plugin.

You can disable the referral system altogether: ACP >> Configuration >> Settings >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Use Referrals System >> No
Thanks for the quicky response AJS.

Maybe I didnt make myself clear. I want users to be able to use the referral system as they have to for one of the competion type things we have, I just want it to be optional though as at the moment people HAVE to enter a referral and if they're just joining, they won't know who to put in their.

Try and register yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks.
Did you ignore the part where he said to disable plugins and check?
(2010-10-04, 03:41 PM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I didnt make myself clear. I want users to be able to use the referral system as they have to for one of the competion type things we have, I just want it to be optional though as at the moment people HAVE to enter a referral and if they're just joining, they won't know who to put in their.

You've just ignored a reply to solve this issue, so I'll quote it below:

(2010-10-04, 03:37 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Open ./inc/init.php, find:
define("TIME_NOW", time()); 

Add after:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); 

If it works with that, then it's being caused by a plugin.

You can disable the referral system altogether: ACP >> Configuration >> Settings >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Use Referrals System >> No
(2010-10-04, 03:42 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ignore the part where he said to disable plugins and check?

Oh, missed that, I deactivated all the plugins and it works fine, then re enabled them all again and it still works fine.

Not sure what the problem is.
So it works fine now?

Um, issue solved? lol
(2010-10-04, 03:41 PM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Try and register yourself and you'll see what I mean.

I did try and register myself, that's why I posted what I did above.

I just tried again now and it still seems to be a problem. If it worked while all plugins were deactivated then you'll need to deactivate each plugin individually to work out which one is causing the problem.