MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 totally ruined my forum so now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok all so i had loads of plugins on my site that were 1.4 compatible only. I now cant activate them and have lost many features my users like anyway to cut a long story short i have had enough of playing and want to do a fresh install but what i want to do is pull all users and there info and posts to put on the clean install, i think that's all i need so how can i go about pulling all user info and posts only to put it on new install?
You don't need to reinstall 1.6. There were plenty of warnings made that plugins wouldn't work, it's a shame you chose to ignore every single one of them Undecided

See this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html
Thanks that resolved a lot of issues for me
Just link your existing DB to the new install instead of creating a new one?? I'm just speculating as I have never actually done this but it seems to be feasible.

This is the BIG reason that I am not going to update to 1.6...I have a metric poop ton of plugins and the forum is just the way my members and I want it! I also use X-Threads so I can make any new additions that I want as needed! Big Grin