MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn off Lite (Archive) Mode MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, is there an option to turn off the "Lite (Archive) Mode" on MyBB forums.

I've removed the link from the footer, but I would also like to remove this functionality.

I'm not sure how the archive works, but if it creates the archive html page every time someone clicks the "post" button, I would like them to have a little speed benefit.

If it can't be done as an option, can it be done in the templates, and if not the templates, which PHP file should I modify?
It doesn't create any files, it just selects data from the database and displays it in a simpler way. Deleting the link will probably be enough but you can also delete the ./archive/ folder itself if you don't want people using it; however it won't increase speed or anything like that, it's simply a stripped down version of existing content.
Thanks Matt,

I might remove it anyway, I would rather people interact on the forum than read the archive mode (I dont want Google picking these up and then sending most of my users there).

It's probably useful for crawling, but I think adding a site map of the most important pages will be enough.

I'll delete the archive folder, thanks.
Google sends visitors mostly to the lite version of pages. That's why ad earning goes down!
Listen get rid of it because Google will penalize you for duplicate content trust me I know. I don't know why MYBB needs this function it only creates conflicts with search engines!!
This thread is 3 years old. Please do not bump old threads, especially old support threads. The OP's issue has already been solved.