MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reinstalling mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to reinstall myBB 1.6 without loosing all of my work? I think some of my files arent in the correct places!
Use the File verification utility to verify all the files are there in the right place.
Access it from AdminCP>Tools and Maintenance.

If you want to still remove and re-upload all the files then do the following:

Remove all files except inc/config, /inc/settings, all files in /inc/plugins and any custom themes, file edits that you may have installed.

Once removed, download a fresh copy of mybb from here and upload all the files making sure not to overwrite the ones already there. Don't upload the install folder though.

Once thats done, go to AdminCp>Tools and Maintenance and make sure that all the files are chmoded correctly.
So, you're going to reinstall MyBB because a few files aren't in the proper places?? Seriously, just upload the missing files or move them to the appropriate place.
Reinstalling means reinstalling the database, it has no correlation to your file at all. If files are the problem then just need to upload everything again.
(2010-10-05, 07:32 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]So, you're going to reinstall MyBB because a few files aren't in the proper places?? Seriously, just upload the missing files or move them to the appropriate place.

Well im 4 days new at this. So I dont really know what all is supposed to be there. Thanks
I just did the file verification thing and it says im missing alot of files in the install directory. Thank you for the advice. Im going to reupload everything now.
Well im going to try just the install folder first!
If the forum is already installed you don't need the files in the install folder.

Can you provide a URL to the forum please. Smile
If you just reupload all your files again it'll be fine Undecided Here there's a problem with ./inc/functions.php. The install folder is only needed when installing and upgrading.
Yeah im re uploading now. Theres an error when i try to visit my site now though but im thinking thats just because im uploading all the files again.
You need to delete the install folder again (or create a lock file).
Pages: 1 2