MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban IP also when banning user in AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be cool if when banning someone in the AdminCP, there would be an option to ban his registration IP too with a single click.

Regards
Nayar
I like this idea, then we can ban some users straight away. Smile
I prefer it this way, gives you some time to think about it.
(2010-10-05, 01:37 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer it this way, gives you some time to think about it.
I was referring to spammers.

When banning pro spammers, you have to go to their profile, Ban in AdminCP.
Then open one of their spam posts to see the IP they used.
Then insert the IP for the banning in ACP.
Then prune their threads and posts.

If i were to ban you, i would have certainly given a second thought Toungue
LOL Big Grin
+1 good idea
I like the idea as well anything to make banning spammers easier would be awesome.
Maybe something also like delete all posts/clear profile information option would be cool too.
(2010-10-05, 02:23 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe something also like delete all posts/clear profile information option would be cool too.
After the user is banned, you have the option to delete his posts/threads just above. Not a big deal Wink
Love this idea. Would be cool if there was a "Spammer?" checkbox to send the data to StopForumSpam. MyBB would be a step ahead imo if they implemented some simple spam-prevention measures.
Well the problem with that scoutie is then you are relying on SFS. What if they go under? Then MyBB feature is removed.
Right, but lots of other things could 'go under'. It's a better solution than MyBB setting up it's own anti-spam service really.

Then again, MyBB could set up it's own db and charge a monthly fee for it.. just thoughts anyways.
Pages: 1 2