MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Normal Theme Quick Quote error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, on my site Berlingo Forum, at the bottom of each post, there is the ability to:

Edit (if OP)
Quote (Full Quote)
Q (Quick Quote)
Delete
and so on as normal

Unforutunately, the 'Q', does not work at all, it doesn't quick quote.

Just wondering if anyone could hand me some tips.
Test account??
User: newuser
Pass: password

BTW: Just noticed, seems that in IE, when you go to register, it keeps saying that the passwords you have entered do not match. Any news on that either? A member did tell me a while back but i thought it was his error!
I'm getting this in the Chrome dev tools:

Quote:Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'replace' of undefined

It's complaining about this:

element.src = element.src.replace("postbit_multiquote.gif", "postbit_multiquote_on.gif");

By default the button are images so the javascript changes the src attribute, but in this theme it doesn't use images so the javascript doesn't work. Give this a go. Line 52 of ./jscripts/thread.js:

element.src = element.src.replace("postbit_multiquote.gif", "postbit_multiquote_on.gif");

change to:

element.src = element.innerHTML = "Q+";

and line 57:

element.src = element.src.replace("postbit_multiquote_on.gif", "postbit_multiquote.gif");

change to:

element.src = element.innerHTML = "Q";

This will then of course mean any other themes you may have won't work. There's also a few other edits you may need; I'd ask the theme author if they can come up with a more elegant solution.

As for the IE register issue, it's because of the login box in your header, IE doesn't like having a password box there and the ones in the registration form.