MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Been thinking of doing this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to make themes for forum software like MyBB, PHPBB, and JFB.

Well, I have gotten rusty at HTML and CSS, and know some basic PHP5.

I am thinking of re-learning HTML5 and getting my CSS skills back up.

I know how to use MyBB as a CMS so I am thinking of being lazy and doing that.

Any thoughts on this?
The biggest complain theme wise for MyBB i find, and this goes all a round the table in forum softwares, is that they all look alike for their software. People like Damion, Combus, and Jessie are changing that, but ever so slowly, they can only do so much right? Give em a hand, move away from the default theme look, make an entirely different theme.
(2010-10-07, 12:03 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest complain theme wise for MyBB i find, and this goes all a round the table in forum softwares, is that they all look alike for their software. People like Damion, Combus, and Jessie are changing that, but ever so slowly, they can only do so much right? Give em a hand, move away from the default theme look, make an entirely different theme.

I could do that, editing the templates and SOME php files can be easy for me to do because I have been using this software since the 1.2 series.

I am glad to hear that idea, I do have an idea of a non-tabled theme for MyBB. Just need to get off my dead lazy arse and hop to it.
Tables are fine, i do have one theme it doesn't look to MyBBish, and it isn't complex at all. Just break the norm Toungue