MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: N00b. How can I make sure the Old owners of my forum cannot access it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people. I am a n00b to all mybb stuff and the cpanel and what not. I am wondering if there is a way to make sure that the previous owner of my site is unable to access the cpanel and admin cp. I have had a couple of issues lately with people I don't know being modded, but it doesn't show up in the admin cp. The website was bought fair and square, passwords were given and changed, but I have a feeling the old owners still have access somehow.
Any idea what I should do?
Thanks for your time.
For cpanel just change he password..

For mybb, check if any other user have administrator privilege...
Just change the cPanel password and remove him from the administrator usergroup.
Change the passwords in cpanel, ftp accounts, ssh accounts, mysql, phpmyadmin

Audit the users to make sure only you and your staff have access (Look at the list of users in admins, super admins and mods)

Finally, if I were you, I would even re-upload all the mybb files from a fresh download and audit the other non-mybb files you may have to make sure that theres no backdoor coded straight in to the files.
Be careful about this though, make sure there were no files moded for some feature on the site. Possibly make a backup in case something is moded.