MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: open_basedir restriction in effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already using MyBB for about 2 months, no problem at all, it's install and run (I didn't install any plugin or addon). Recently my hosting company upgrade their server then this error occur in my website :

PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/monoxera:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
[15-Sep-2010 07:01:31]

* This error took half of my front page.

I need to know if this error because of the script or because of the server setting. I google the error and found out it because of server setting, but still i'm not sure.

If any guru here, please give a detail if this is server error. Because my site down and get this error for 15 days, it suddenly disappear even i didn't do anything (I don't know php, no way i can edit the script).

* Last error from log is 30 September

Well I'm sure this because of server setting, the php.ini where I cannot edit it, only admin can edit it. Already report it to my hosting but they only ask me to fix the script.

Thanks in advance.
There is nothing to fix in the script. This is a host issue. As you have already done your research and found out, this is a php setting. Usually hosts will allow you to load your own custom php settings by having your own php.ini file ask them if they do that.
If your host can't do this much then I highly suggest moving!