MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a background to my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd like to add a background behind my categories, just like mybb.com has. If you got to my site www.wigitalk.com, you will see that there is no bounding-background behind my forum categories and it's all white.

How can this be done?
I'm not really sure what you're asking, can you provide a screenshot highlighting what you want to change? Smile
Here, hopefully this makes it easier to understand Smile

[Image: jpgdu.jpg]
You can put in
Admin CP > Templates & Themes > Themes > yourtheme > On the dropdown select body > Add the following code > Replace imagelink with your background URL.

background: #000 url(IMAGELINK) top center no-repeat;
(2010-10-08, 01:23 AM)Tigierz Wrote: [ -> ]You can put in
Admin CP > Templates & Themes > Themes > yourtheme > On the dropdown select body > Add the following code > Replace imagelink with your background URL.

background: #000 url(IMAGELINK) top center no-repeat;

Doesn't work, I went to the body css and there was already a link to a black background image in my theme, but it doesn't show, so that can't be what needs editing. Any other suggestions?
Try making the width smaller.

For example: 95%
Change the width of #container to 90% or a fixed width such as 980px.
ok, that works, but how do I round the edges and center the whole thing?
(2010-10-08, 11:18 PM)wigiman Wrote: [ -> ]ok, that works, but how do I round the edges and center the whole thing?

CSS:
margin:0 auto;
-moz-border-radius:5px;
-webkit-border-radius:5px;
border-radius:5px;
(2010-10-08, 11:27 PM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-08, 11:18 PM)wigiman Wrote: [ -> ]ok, that works, but how do I round the edges and center the whole thing?

CSS:
margin:0 auto;
-moz-border-radius:5px;
-webkit-border-radius:5px;
border-radius:5px;

It centers the entire board including text, the logo etc, and the edges are not rounded.
Pages: 1 2 3