MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put correct birthday settings et.c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I Installed the "Its my birthday"Mod and i would like to know the settings bc i put in my profile the today birth and the msg just come once.!and the image in the topic does not show up...
I'm not sure what you are asking. Did the thread not open?
Well,i added the birthdays mod and in settings/mybirthday it has options which i have no idea how to seting this up...So thats why i ask .Got it?
I think I know what you mean...
ACP>>Configuration>>MyBirthday>> change the settings there.
thats i said i dunno the settings sorry for being misunderstanding.

P.S Same template we usingSmile
Every setting has descriptions that explain what the setting does and how to use it. Is there any specific setting that you need help with? I feel its just going to be redundant for me to try and explain the settings here when I'll just be repeating myself from the descriptions.
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/19...s_page.png

The only change which i did is the "Forum ID" i put my section id and i tho that mod writes automaticly a msg in forum .

The only msg which i received it was one when i create a new account It doesht came any private msg or something
(2010-10-08, 07:53 AM)TheUninvited Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/19...s_page.png

The only change which i did is the "Forum ID" i put my section id and i tho that mod writes automaticly a msg in forum .

The only msg which i received it was one when i create a new account It doesht came any private msg or something

Did you select PM in the Mail, PM or Both setting?? You need to check that for PM/Email or both. Also the forum ID you enter should be an id of a valid forum or else the thread will be created in an invalid forum and you'll get invalid forum message.

Also, once a user's birthday thread has been made, they will not get another thread till the next year even if they change the date of birth. So if you are testing it by changing the date of birth, you will only get the first thread and not after that.

This is done to prevent abuse by users where they would keep changing their date of birth everyday to get a thread everyday
(2010-10-08, 08:04 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-08, 07:53 AM)TheUninvited Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/19...s_page.png

Did you select PM in the Mail, PM or Both setting?? You need to check that for PM/Email or both. Also the forum ID you enter should be an id of a valid forum or else the thread will be created in an invalid forum and you'll get invalid forum message.

Also, once a user's birthday thread has been made, they will not get another thread till the next year even if they change the date of birth. So if you are testing it by changing the date of birth, you will only get the first thread and not after that.

This is done to prevent abuse by users where they would keep changing their date of birth everyday to get a thread everyday
So even if i create new user and put the date which we have today 8/10/2010 and it does not even create a thread lawl
(2010-10-08, 08:29 AM)TheUninvited Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-08, 08:04 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

So even if i create new user and put the date which we have today 8/10/2010 and it does not even create a thread lawl

The plugin checks at midnight for birthdays and will create threads/pms,emails only once in a 24 hour period. So if you create a new user after the plugin has done its thing for the day and set the user's birthday as the same day then no, it will not, not until the following year. Assuming you are testing then you can create users with birthdays on the following day and see how it works.
Pages: 1 2