MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to import users to the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a website with over 10,000 registered users, and I would like to import these users into MyBB forum (including user name, email and password). Does any one know how to do it? My website uses MySQL database, and I can export the user lists to csv format if MyBB needed. Thanks. Rolleyes
Use the MyBB Merge System Smile
OK, I will check it out. Thanks.
Is there any other way like plugin for the same

i have around 100000 users in my yahoo group and i want to import them to my site
To get a Yahoo group into MyBB, import it into another forum software and then convert to MyBB.
I have tried the MyBB Merge System, however, since my website is not a forum, and its database is different from the forums supported by MyBB Merge System, the Merge System can't work for my database. I finally write a PHP script myself and import all the user data to MyBB forum successfully. Big Grin
@jd2000
I am stucked with the same problem. I only have csv file containing firstname, lastname and email. I figured out that all users are stored the database table "mybb_users". One could easily insert all users with a sql command. But how could I generate all the individual settings like passwords. One idea would be to use the plugin Force Password Change 1.1.
I looking forward to hear what you figured out.

cheers, aussenboarder
(2010-10-09, 01:36 PM)aussenboarder Wrote: [ -> ]@jd2000
I am stucked with the same problem. I only have csv file containing firstname, lastname and email. I figured out that all users are stored the database table "mybb_users". One could easily insert all users with a sql command. But how could I generate all the individual settings like passwords. One idea would be to use the plugin Force Password Change 1.1.

cheers, aussenboarder

Just have the users register themselves if thats all you have from them. MyBB doesn't have standard fields for real names anyways.
(2010-10-09, 01:36 PM)aussenboarder Wrote: [ -> ]@jd2000

cheers, aussenboarder
I found the user import was pretty easy. Just import the user name, email and password into the "mybb_users" table, and if you use customized fields, you might also need to import the data into "mybb_userfields" table. You can keep the other fields unchanged, and MyBB will use its default value without problem. For user password, you can use md5($password) directly, and MyBB will convert it to the correct format automatically when the user logs in. Smile