MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RE: moved to a new IP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
alright Matt. I apologize, it was on my server and I wasn't thinking of it.

At any rate, I see this section:

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'host';

$config['database']['username'] = 'un';

$config['database']['password'] = 'pass';

I changed it obviously, but the faq says that the password is wrong. How could that have been changed? I use phpMyAdMin sometimes when I'm testing my php scripts and I have a PW for that. the pass in this file was the same as that, but the UN was different.

Did the switch of the server type change one of these var's? I recognized the host, but I dont'' think it's right. Could that be the issue? And if it is, can I copy on over what is in the phpMyAdmin section of godaddy to this var?

thanks!
The password is the same password you used for the database. If you've forgotten it, make a new MySQL user.
all,

I spoke with godaddy today and they are claiming that as soon as I install this software on my domain, I should see the database name that mybb created for me in my 'hosting control panel'. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am almost certain that I never saw a database in my cp like that. As a matter of fact, I created a database at one point, deleted it, then created another one 1 month later for my queries. So there was only ever one on there.

If someone could tell me if this is true or not, I would be greatful. I am simply trying to figure out if the mybb software creates a database on a server that's managed by my own hosting company, or elsewhere. thanks!
MyBB doesn't create a database at all. You create the database yourself and then give MyBB the details to connect to it when you run the install script.

./inc/config.php holds the details needed for MyBB to continue to connect to that database.

Somehow the details of the database or ./inc/config.php have been changed.
Pages: 1 2