MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone have msi mobo problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a NF980-G65 in February of last year...and it's constantly freezing and locking up.
*mem test is fine ram is good
*hard drives are clean and working
*650 watt power supply is fine

I've read alot of reviews (after i bought it) and they are terrible....so I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with msi. Not to mention their customer service sucks.
Actually i have used tons of MSI, never had this sort of problem. What CPU is on it? Latest Bios? All the drivers installed? Operating system out of date? Sata or IDE?
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
MEMORY - Mushkin Blackline 4gb pc3-10666
VIDEO - Nvidia GTS 250
Windows 7 Ultimate
Drivers up to date
Sata
Does it have IDE slots? Would you happen to have a IDE hardrive? Everything seems to be well, you might just haev a dead board. You might need to return it or buy a new one.
I built an exact system for a friend of mine and he is having the same issues. So I would think it's just the series of mobo. For some reason the south bridge overheats causing it to lockup.

I've had older asus boards which were ok but after my last experience with asus I do not want another one. I wanted to try a Gigabyte board but have never owned one so I am a little hesitant.
Gigabyte is a very good for the price boards. Its sorta one of those things, they are great, until you have an issue. Much like you and the MSI. I would recomend a good Asus, from the P5 or the P6 series. I've yet to have one issue with them. Even the extremely cheap ones.