MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstalling Mybb 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey i want to reinstall mybb 1.6 so is there any way by which i can do so without loosing my forum members and posts if there is so the please tell me

thnx in advance
You can upgrade your 1.4 forum to 1.6 with Mybb's upgrader. I'll go find a link to it and post it. Smile
no i have got 1.6 and due to some problem i want to reinstall it so can i do so
Why not troubleshoot and tell us what problem you actually have??
Oh -- I get it I'm sorry. Well, what's the problem you're having? Because installing 1.6 would be hard to do.

But if you can't solve the problem (I recommend you try) make a backup of your files & database, the install a forum and try to make it use your current forum's database.
no i have installed mybb 1.6 and i have to install it again
Okay, well sharing your problem would help... But, I suggest downloading your forum database & folders (just incase) then re-installing Mybb and seeing if keeping the database and hooking them up with allow it to retain all posts/users.
@rko: Instead of resounding that you want to reinstall MyBB, you need to tell us what problem you actually have.
i have backuped database but from where can i download folders
Go to your FTP or File Manager, and download the forum directory. Also, telling us your problem would help - we may even be able to fix it.
Pages: 1 2