MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: by default check Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

How i can change check by default to Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies option available at below of thread writing page
For yourself or all users?
All users Please
This mod is for individual member to edit from their own cp.

i want by default it should be checked

i think it is somewhere in template where checked is marked b;ut not know where
To make it selected when members register - in member_register template, find:
    <select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
        <option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>

Replace with:
        <option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="2" SELECTED >{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>

You'll also need to run a SQL query if you want to update the setting for existing members.
(2010-10-08, 07:22 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]To make it selected when members register - in member_register template, find:
        <option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>

Replace with:
        <option value="2" SELECTED >{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>

You'll also need to run a SQL query if you want to update the setting for existing members.

How do I run this query?
phpMyAdmin
Thanks...but first this is the code from member_register

<td colspan="2">

Is this setting them to subscribe? By comparing it to the above example it shouldn't be but with a test register the check for subscribede was ticked.

phpmyadmin....I had vb so have not run a query from phpmyadmin. Can you give me some assistance? thx
You're going to drive your users crazy with this.
Pages: 1 2