MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On the contrary, you can't, you have to specify a specific amount of posts the user has to have, you can't assign it to specific users.
(2010-10-08, 06:39 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]On the contrary, you can't, you have to specify a specific amount of posts the user has to have, you can't assign it to specific users.

You can specify a custom user title in the Admin CP. You're right that you can't assign a specific number of stars to a specific user, though, but I hardly see this as a big deal. It's a completely arbitrary system anyway.
Maybe this could be better as plugin as most of us are happy with the current rank system.
Implementing this feature for everyone would just add load to their servers unnecessarily.
(2010-10-09, 04:41 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Implementing this feature for everyone would just add load to their servers unnecessarily.

haha seriously?
(2010-10-09, 02:36 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-09, 04:41 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Implementing this feature for everyone would just add load to their servers unnecessarily.

haha seriously?

Dunno. Maybe.
Toungue

If it's done right, by inserting the data into the existing fields, then no it wouldn't really have too much effect I don't think.
MyAchievements has ranks, not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Doesn't add much extra load, I coded it carefully for it not to add much extra load (apart from the task).

If pointing MyAchievements as solution is against the rules, please unapprove my post.
Sorry to bump... I think this would actually work well as a core feature because instead of having tons of groups with specific group images, you can easily add a rank, then image and either set is as unique(admins assign it to users) or they have to have a specific amount of posts. That could easily be added to the current system we have.
Pages: 1 2