MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error out of the blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im not sure if i did something but i tried to access my forum today and got this...

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'jsquared_jdfett'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I have no idea why this has come up and how to fix it...anyone help??
Check the database details entered in ./inc/config.php are correct.
not to sound like a person with limited skills...lol but i am...and how do i do that...where abouts is that located?
(2010-10-08, 07:04 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]./inc/config.php

You can open or download the file via your FTP client or file manager in cPanel.

You need to check the username and password etc. are correct, this is what you're looking for:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = 'dbname_mybb';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'username';
$config['database']['password'] = 'password';

If you're not sure what you're doing and want me to take a look PM me cPanel login details. Smile
In your file system, the same place you uploaded your files.

If this has just randomly happened though and you've not changed any passwords anywhere, I'd ask your host if they know if anything has changed.
i created a new database today for drupal but i never touched the one for the forum...not sure if maybe that is the progblem..i am pretty confused atm as i dont even know what file to look for in there to see whats going on....had a friend help me set it up and he isnt around so im totally lost with this stuff
I found the file in cpanel and could view the info...but how can i check it in the sql database section...it doesnt show the current password in the section titled "my SQL Databases" the name of the database is correct in there but i can not check the password
okay...so i deleted all the new drupal databases and programs out of the file manager...unfortunatley it did not fix the issue...still showing same error message...i dont get it. the database is still accurate with the right user name...not sure about the password but i never changed it and can not find anyway to check it
Pm me Cpanel Login/pass? I'll try and fix it for you. Smile

If you don't want to do that. Create a new user - give it all rights to your forum database and change the user/pass to that. That's what I'd try.
Create a new user and give it full privleges on your MyBB database, then update ./inc/config.php to use the new username/password.

create a new user for the database...give it full permissions then go into the file and change the info in there and upload it to the cpanel?
Pages: 1 2