MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locally upgrading issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I moved my existing forum locally to try the upgrade from version 1.4.14 to 1.6 before I do it on my live forum.

However I am running into a little snag.

I will try to explain what I did.

I have given my admin folder a different name just to make it a little more safe. Currently it is named addy. So I kept that name for the local install.

I moved all files from MyBB 1.6 into the local location where the files from 1.4 reside. I moved the files from MyBB 1.6 admin folder into the addy folder.

I went to http://localhost/forum/install/index.php

I see the screen where I can choose between an upgrade to MyBB 1.6 or do a new install.
I choose upgrade

Then I come to a page where I first need to login to begin the upgrade
Quote:Please enter your username and password to begin the upgrade process. You must be a valid forum administrator to perform the upgrade.
I fill in the username and password I normally use for the admin part but it just won't accept it.

That's where I get stuck.

I can't get past this point because somehow it won't accept my username and password.

Could anyone with any experience setting up MyBB locally point me towards the solution?
For the merge system you may want to revert the admin forum to the default place, and change back after. Thats the simplest i can think of.

This is the first i've heard of this issue myself though.

Also what do you mean it rejects it?
He never said it rejects it.

Also, try changing the Admin Directory back - and see how that goes. Smile