MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Outlook Sync Between Two Computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

My Mum, Dad and I have netbooks as well as Laptops (Mum has a Desktop) and we want to be able to sync Outlook between our Netbooks as well as our main computers.

I have done numerous google searches and cannot find any free solution that allows us to do so. I am wondering if anyone has done this and how they have done it.

We want to be able to do it either over LAN or via the internet. We don't want to setup any servers etc to do this.

Any feedback, links, info etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cohen
I researched this, the ohnly solution i found was paid. That or u se Google if i remember.
Can you change your email account types from POP to IMAP? If so, recreate your accounts as IMAP and upload the email back to the server
(2010-10-09, 12:52 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you change your email account types from POP to IMAP? If so, recreate your accounts as IMAP and upload the email back to the server

I think he means other things like the calender and notices, etc. If not that is certianly a good way, or even just setting the server to not delete the emails, and let both be downloaded.
That would only work if you had a Windows Server I think. The only other way I can think of is if you had MobileMe (Which can sync between Outlook, iPod/iPhone/iPad, iMail, iCal, etc)
What information do you need to sync, exactly? You can use google calendars with thunderbird, for example, to sync across multiple computers.
The only and best way with outlook is getting a windows server and running exchange. The OS is around 700-800 dollars if i remember, and then you need a computer that can run that. In the end, a solution such as Gmail really does a lot better of a job. Even with the corporate features (linking with blackberries, etc) its still cheap and a better solution. Just make sure to do a daily download from any client software.
(2010-10-09, 12:41 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I researched this, the ohnly solution i found was paid. That or u se Google if i remember.

yeah, all i have found is paid software.

(2010-10-09, 12:52 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you change your email account types from POP to IMAP? If so, recreate your accounts as IMAP and upload the email back to the server

Don't really want to do that...

(2010-10-09, 01:11 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]That would only work if you had a Windows Server I think. The only other way I can think of is if you had MobileMe (Which can sync between Outlook, iPod/iPhone/iPad, iMail, iCal, etc)

Setting up a server - no way. Dad won't allow it, he won't even let me run a file server.

(2010-10-09, 02:58 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]What information do you need to sync, exactly? You can use google calendars with thunderbird, for example, to sync across multiple computers.

I am an Outlook 2010 User. I'd like to Sync E-mail, Tasks, Contacts and Calender.

(2010-10-09, 03:02 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]The only and best way with outlook is getting a windows server and running exchange. The OS is around 700-800 dollars if i remember, and then you need a computer that can run that. In the end, a solution such as Gmail really does a lot better of a job. Even with the corporate features (linking with blackberries, etc) its still cheap and a better solution. Just make sure to do a daily download from any client software.

No Thanks. I want it to be a free version.

I have tried Google Apps Sync, but it doesn't support the 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 yet, which is rather annoying.
You could try to contact google see if there is a test version for the 64bit version. IF not just use 32bit. Usually it doesn't differ.
(2010-10-09, 04:10 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You could try to contact google see if there is a test version for the 64bit version. IF not just use 32bit. Usually it doesn't differ.

I haven't looked around for a test version for the 64 bit version. I have tried the 32 bit, and it doesn't work which is rather annoying.
Pages: 1 2