MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Halo Reach Sucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just rented it 4 hours ago and finished the campiagn, I have to say... overall it was dry as hell. I actually just wanted to finish the story of halo and I was a bit disapointted to see they failed with the final game Undecided

Anyone else find it stupid?
OH HO

No, I haven't played the full game yet. Ill probably get to it eventually.

(not that Halo's storyline ever made sense to me - there's a giant ring in space that can blow orange up?)
(2010-10-09, 03:52 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I just rented it 4 hours ago and finished the campiagn, I have to say... overall it was dry as hell. I actually just wanted to finish the story of halo and I was a bit disapointted to see they failed with the final game Undecided

Nope. You do realise that reach is set before most of the rest of the halo series?

(2010-10-09, 03:54 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]OH HO

No, I haven't played the full game yet. Ill probably get to it eventually.

(not that Halo's storyline ever made sense to me - there's a giant ring in space that can blow orange up?)
Well the game is about an alien race :p the ring was made by the forerunners and was used to destroy stars or planets where a single race was growing to powerful and violent.
(2010-10-09, 03:54 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ](not that Halo's storyline ever made sense to me - there's a giant ring in space that can blow orange up?)

There's 7 rings. Their entire purpose is to wipe all life in the galaxy in case of a parasite outbreak (the Flood) to kill it off (apparently the Flood are like that bacteria that can survive on the outside of the International Space Station as far as durability in radiation goes). They were used once 100,000 years ago. >> to ~100 years into the future, this coalition of alien races (the Covenant) want to fire these rings again due to "religious" reasons that have nothing to do with their original purpose. Your goal is to prevent that from happening.

Reach is the battle the Pillar of Autumn had just finished fleeing from when the first game starts.

Reading the books kind of helps with keeping the storyline in check and lets you know about the references in the actual game (especially the very first cutscene in the first Halo), and H:R I guess is supposed to supplement the first book by showing you the final battle.
(2010-10-09, 06:18 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-09, 03:52 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I just rented it 4 hours ago and finished the campiagn, I have to say... overall it was dry as hell. I actually just wanted to finish the story of halo and I was a bit disapointted to see they failed with the final game Undecided

Nope. You do realise that reach is set before most of the rest of the halo series?

Lol halo fan boy protecting his crops. Yes I know its the prologue of the halo series I'm not stupid. I guess halo style has just got old for me.

(2010-10-09, 01:56 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Lol halo fan boy protecting his crops. Yes I know its the prologue of the halo series I'm not stupid.

Are you sure? I'd say expecting a prequel to "finish the story" is pretty stupid.
I was also disappointed. They don't make em as long as they used too. I
(2010-10-09, 03:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-09, 01:56 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Lol halo fan boy protecting his crops. Yes I know its the prologue of the halo series I'm not stupid.

Are you sure? I'd say expecting a prequel to "finish the story" is pretty stupid.

Putting the pieces together of the story more or less for me.
(2010-10-09, 07:33 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-09, 03:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]

Putting the pieces together of the story more or less for me.

AFAIK Halo has a pretty big canon and Microsoft isn't done with this series yet.
The multiplayer is fun. The campaign took me 8 hours on normal. I kind of played around for some of it though. And I kind of left it running for a bit without playing...
Pages: 1 2