MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Site - Domain Ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, for awhile now i've loved myBB, but I use IPB on my main forum :/

I'm starting a new forum, like a general/lifestyle forum similar to onision.net

I am currently in need of:
1. A theme to use
2. A nice domain name to use

I am not "asking" or "demanding" for support, I'm simply asking for some advice on a theme I should use, and a domain name I should use.
Theme: Your either best on waiting for Damions CMSBB, or getting a custom from him.
Domain: dscussrandom?
Damions CMSBB?

Domain: Possibly, not sure. ATM I'm thinking of using co.cc (I'll buy a .com if my site goes how I want it to.)
If you don't invest cash - people won't come. Trust me, I've tried co.cc and it isn't worth it.
Alright then, I have a domain I don't use anymore "mehforums.com" How's that for a general discussion forum/the kind of forum I'm wanting?
That sounds pretty cool in my opinion, you should use it. Big Grin
Ok, i'm setting everything on my VPS up now. I'm going to sleep, but, how would I make my community active, and make it grow?

Any tips? I don't want a "huge" community, just a nice, small one at first, then hopefully it will gradually get bigger and stuff.

Any tips?
Tell your friends, have them tell their friends, post a lot, have contests, and make it worth posting on. Get a custom or high-quality design. Smile
This is the theme i was saying you should wait for.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-78376.html
Looks nice, Mark.M.

I'm installing myBB as we speak Big Grin