MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is the better ad placement?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am taking my old website and putting it into a new WordPress template so that I can build onto it. The template is optimized for CTR for AdSense, but hopefully still won't compromise readability.

Here are the two options I came up with so far:

[Image: bio1.jpg]
This option has a 728x90 links unit at the top of the page, and then a block after the first post excerpt. The link isn't very obtrusive, but I am not a fan of how the block pushes down all the rest of the content.

[Image: bio2.jpg]
In this option, I have replaced the header links unit with a banner (which is basically 3x the links). Then, instead of a block after the first post, I put 468x60 link units after the first 3 posts. These don't push the content down, but I'm not sure whether they're distracting to the point of uncomfortable.

I'd love your opinion guys Smile Thanks!

You can see a live demo of the site here: http://www.biosunscreen.net using the second ad scheme.
Second, definitely. Ads on the right side don't seem to do as well as ones on the left.
Don't put ads on both sides at the same time.
I don't like header ads. Don't drive away people before they read your content first.
I think that you shouldnt have ads at the top, like Nayar said, it puts me off almost straight away,

I think the second one is better because it allows better readability of the content of your page, which is what the site should be about Smile

Best of luck