MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect always redirecting to index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i was using 1.4, i could be viewing a thread and then decide to login. Once I logged in, I would be redirected "Back to where I came from" just like the redirect page says.

Now however, I always get redirected back to the index page. It only seemed to have started since 1.6

any ideas why this is happening? Anything with the redirect change with the upgrade?
If it was OK in 1.4 and started in 1.6 I'd report it as a bug.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Ok, I tested this with two of my sites. One was upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6, the other was started after 1.6 was released (Fresh install).

the upgraded forum still works as it should. The freshly installed one redirects to the index. Before reporting this as a bug, I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. In the meantime, i'll take a look at both themes for any discrepancies.
Are the Friendly Redirect Messages turned on or off in the ACP??

If so, I'd report this bug.
Turned on
That's a bug then, if it's on, it should be displaying the friendly redirect message.
It is displaying the message, but the message says "You will be redirected back from where you came", but it isn't redirecting me back to the previous page that I was viewing. Instead, it is redirecting me back to the index. This didn't happen before .
Well, no one else posted about having the same issue, so I won't report this as a bug. It must be something in my theme that is causing it to redirect to the wrong page.
Its probably your theme, I just tested this in a default MyBB v1.6 and it works as it should.
(2010-10-09, 06:13 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Ok, I tested this with two of my sites. One was upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6, the other was started after 1.6 was released (Fresh install).

the upgraded forum still works as it should. The freshly installed one redirects to the index. Before reporting this as a bug, I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. In the meantime, i'll take a look at both themes for any discrepancies.

(i search how to fix that but negative so i give an UP to this thread )
Yes i use Mybb 1.6 and i got same problime hoppe someone help.plz
Redirect after login / logout to previous page???
thnx

Pages: 1 2