MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been bothering me since Mybb 1.4.x. What exactly does the Group Memberships do if your a Group Leader?, If you remove a user from the group, He doesn't delete them from the group, Or remove there permissions, They are just taken off from the list.

What is the point of the removing user's?
Group Memberships is used if you want people to be a part of another group. For example, here you can join the Big Board Owners group, which gives you a little badge to show you're a Big Board Owner.

All they are, are secondary usergroups.
They are also permission based. So if a user is removed from one of those groups, they lose whatever permissions were assigned to them...don't they?
Yep. If a usergroup had access to a hidden forum and a user joined that group, then was removed, he would not be able to access that hidden forum anymore. Smile
But they aren't remove from the group, But the forum viewing permissions are removed, Right?
What?? The forum permissions are only applied because a user is in a group, you don't stay in that group but not have the forum permissions. I just tested on my localhost and it works fine; user applied to join a group, I as group leader accepted, group was added as an additional usergroup to said user, I then removed them from the group, and the group was removed from their additional groups. Not sure what the problem is.
Ohhh, So if a user is added to a group by a administrator as their main group. And your the Leader, You could remove them, But it won't remove the group from the user because the user had that group as his main group. Right?

Ok, I see how it works, If they where added by a administrator, Or someone with ACP Access, and the group was added as their primary group. And you had a Leader and they wanted to remove that user off, They couldn't. But if the leader added a user to the group. They could remove him at any time, even if they set it as there display group.

If primary = leader can not remove
If added by leader = Leader can remove
If added by leader and set as display = Leader can remove and user will return to primary display group.

But, Shouldn't the check box be hidden if user is in the primary group of the group membership? But show for users that are just additional group.