MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Not Found Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've just completed setting up a new clean installation, unfortunately after adding new categories and forums, when I click a forum I get a "forum not found on this server" message.

The new forum is installed in a folder belonging to an "Add-on Domain." I have another test MyBB installed in a separate folder and that seems to work fine.

I'm on Namecheap.com ProHosting plan - I doubt it doesn't meet the requirements for MyBB since the test forum is working fine. Could the Add-on Domain folder be the reason for this error message? Below is the complete message I get when I click a forum.

Quote:Not Found

The requested URL /forum-12.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess ?

Can you provide a URL?
Also, check that mod_rewrite is actually an enabled module on your server.
AJS you are a genius - that solved the problem.

Kyuubi yup mod_rewrite is enabled on my hosting by default. Checked with the hosting and they confirmed.

Thanks again guys - will be sharing the link to the forum shorty for some feedback, etc.