MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is this changed in 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:My decent opinion(WARN: I'm not so familiar with myBB as with phpBB):
_ And phpBB templates not so expensive as myBB's(in phpBB if you want change header of page, you have to edit only two templates: overall_header and possible simple_header, but in myBB you must edit 90% of templates)
this and the claim about the session table makes him another one joining the"omg i'mah so l33t i gonna hax 127.0.0.1" train & running websites without any sense about security or codeing, but claim otherwise. (it's not a myBB vs. phpBB thing)
Knowing the table prefix isn't a security issue either.

Quote:_ And phpBB templates not so expensive as myBB's(in phpBB if you want change header of page, you have to edit only two templates: overall_header and possible simple_header, but in myBB you must edit 90% of templates)

That's a load of rubbish too.
(2010-10-10, 12:38 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I think the main point the guy at phpBB was trying to make was that your database prefix was displayed really Wink Though that doesn't really matter as 99% of people keep the default mybb_ one.

Despite the fact the database name and prefix is also displayed on phpBB errors.

Nevermind eh Smile
Big Grin that really steal the show My BB is > Lightbulb
(2010-10-10, 12:58 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Knowing the table prefix isn't a security issue either.

Quote:_ And phpBB templates not so expensive as myBB's(in phpBB if you want change header of page, you have to edit only two templates: overall_header and possible simple_header, but in myBB you must edit 90% of templates)

That's a load of rubbish too.

But changing it never hurts anyway Wink

(2010-10-10, 01:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-10, 12:38 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I think the main point the guy at phpBB was trying to make was that your database prefix was displayed really Wink Though that doesn't really matter as 99% of people keep the default mybb_ one.

Despite the fact the database name and prefix is also displayed on phpBB errors.

Nevermind eh Smile

Oh yeah, it's not a security risk, but I can't see what else he could be referring to haha

But yeah, MyBB's as secure as it can be and there are plenty of ways to secure it even further if you're not happy enough as is xD
Pages: 1 2