MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to convert from smf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to convert my forums from smf2 to mybb 1.6. This is on a postgresql database. What more information do you need? I've been working on this and haven't got it figured out yet, hopefully someone can help me out. Here is the error I get:

Removing mybb_post_trackers table.

Creating fields for tracking data during the Merge process (This may take a while)...
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
42601 - ERROR: syntax error at end of input LINE 1: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ^
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users
Not long ago a member complained about the support for pgSQL in MyBB itself. This is likely more of the same, since the Merge System feeds off the core MyBB files, so this is something to bring up with the devs in charge of that. I'll see whats up on the Staff side of things and get someone in here to help with that. I myself only know MySQL, so apologies.
Which version of PostgreSQL are you using?

Could you try to execute the following SQL queries and tell us if you encountered any errors?

CREATE TABLE films2 (
    code        char(5) CONSTRAINT fkey PRIMARY KEY,
    title       varchar(40) NOT NULL,
    did         integer NOT NULL,
    date_prod   date,
    kind        varchar(10),
    len         interval hour to minute
);
ALTER TABLE films2 DROP len, DROP kind;
DROP TABLE films2 CASCADE;
(2010-10-12, 11:04 AM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of PostgreSQL are you using?

Could you try to execute the following SQL queries and tell us if you encountered any errors?

CREATE TABLE films2 (
    code        char(5) CONSTRAINT fkey PRIMARY KEY,
    title       varchar(40) NOT NULL,
    did         integer NOT NULL,
    date_prod   date,
    kind        varchar(10),
    len         interval hour to minute
);
ALTER TABLE films2 DROP len, DROP kind;
DROP TABLE films2 CASCADE;

Hi, in my case it's phpbb3, but also on postgres, with the same exact error. As for that SQL above, it works fine - postgres 9.1, FYI.

It's odd, because in the log, it says "syntax error at end of input at character 18", but the SQL seems OK:

(from the log)
STATEMENT: ALTER TABLE users

the only thing I see wrong there is a missing semi-colon, and the rest of the statement. "Yes, alter table, but to do what exactly? Toungue" goes through my mind when I see that Wink.

As for the postgres stuff in general (as mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread), it is rather iffy, but i've only seen the iffy parts in the plugins (many of them are very mysql centric/oriented, even to using backticks for quotes *shudder*).

As to what the problem is, I think I partially answered myself above, since it's an incomplete statement. the only ALTER TABLE I see is in merge/resources/functions.php, 4 of them, lines 249, 355 361, and 380. most of them are in for loops. I have no idea why it does that. Maybe it's the turkey I just had, but it's confusing me Wink.

Anyway, thanks. I thought I might pitch in a little here by providing a bit of info.
Unfortunately the pgSQL support in all MyBB products is considered experimental.

This same issue for phpBB3 is posted here.