MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict to Certain Email Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to restrict all registrations to @domain.com? One of my forums runs on a school server and we only want people who have a school e-mail to be able to register on the forums. Any way to do this?

Thank you!
Doesn't that only ban addresses you enter? That would be impossible with all the domains out there. What I need is something that only allows @domain.com registrations.
There is no plugin like that atm, however I would strongly say not to do this, as some people like to use different hosts, including their own email through their domain.
It's a school forum so we only want people who are from the school. Kind of like Facebook.
You will need a plugin for that. However temporarily you can setup your forum to either admin activation, so that you don't activate anyone who did not use your school's email, OR, you can have the users activate via email as usual but put them in a restricted group upon activation, then from there move those that have valid emails in to your propoer registered user group, the rest, discard, preferably after sending them an email/pm informing them of the requirement.
I agree with surferjon, we need this as mybb core functionality. what if people just use the temporary email services like http://www.guerrillamail.com/, http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html to register on our site and spam within no time using auto posters and bots??
So we need this functionality for sure with the option
Allowed domains:
Please enter the domains you want to allow to be used for registering.

Using the restrict domain option may not work as we cant enter the temporary domain names that we dont know and people can still find and use new services. Allowing domains is the best way as we have control to allow few and well used domain services like yahoo, google, msn, aol etc....

Hope this will be included.
So any other solutions? Anyone know how to make a plugin like this?
Give me a few hours and I'll see what I can whip up.
Thank you! Can't wait for it! ^_^
Pages: 1 2