MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Fit on Page plugin also on MyBB Community.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i see more threads with large images that are causing problems with layout Dodgy
For example:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-80067.html
Why not install Fit on Page plugin ?
This site won't install plugins that aren't core MyBB functionality. MySupport was installed just to help with the support on here. Smile
(2010-10-11, 09:07 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]This site won't install plugins that aren't core MyBB functionality.

That doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, as I've mentioned before, you can already scale images with {img=WxH}
(2010-10-11, 09:07 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]This site won't install plugins that aren't core MyBB functionality. MySupport was installed just to help with the support on here. Smile

Also the IDS plugin.
(2010-10-11, 07:33 AM)MaFeSa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i see more threads with large images that are causing problems with layout Dodgy
For example:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-80067.html
Why not install Fit on Page plugin ?

Another alternative would be to set the post_body img in the css. Fine for sites with a fixed width - can be a drag as far as editing the templates is concerned though.
The best would be for developers make an Auto Image Resize in core.
(2010-10-20, 11:10 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]The best would be for developers make an Auto Image Resize in core.

It scales down the images where it wouldn't disrupt the theme anymore ^^.
If something like this was added people would expect it to be included in core; people should just upload images that fit to begin with.
(2010-10-31, 11:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If something like this was added people would expect it to be included in core; people should just upload images that fit to begin with.
Well that wont always be the case. I agree with OP. ^_^ Or even make it core. I mean why not?

For the reasons Matt said we wont be adding this. The only plugins we run are ones that are of significant use to us and not ones that are just for the sake of convenience, and even then we generally only run plugins written by the staff.