MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Full Admin Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't see that this question has already been asked.

I and several others have taken over a forum, and have of course become Admins.

With some other forum scripts, apparently only the first admin (the one who installed the forum originally) has full permissions, others only limited. Obviously this isn't much use if we only have partial permissions, as it means that will have to keep the seller of the forum on as Admin, which neither party wants of course.

Can you please let me know what the situation with the MyBB forum script is? We are using the very latest version, upgraded just recently.
Opps, sorry, this should have been posted in the 1.6 folder, if the mods could move it for me please?
If you have permission to, you can manage the admin permissions at ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions. If you can't do that, add your UID to the list of super admins in ./inc/config.php and you'll have access to everything.
Ok, thanks.

I checked and all of us can manage everything (I think 16 separate permissions).

What I did notice however, is that the original Admin has the icon next to his name on that permissions page as -
Permissions Using Individual Permissions

The rest of us show with blue and green meaning -
Using Group Permissions Using Group Permissions

So, before I delete him, I just want to be sure that by doing so I'm not creating any problems in the future if we can't do something that only he had permission to do?

Might be a bit paranoid, but safer to check here first.
What that means is that he was assigned his own permissions, whereas you are all using permissions set down by the usergroup.
Ah, ok, so I can now remove him without fear of messing anything up.

Many thanks.
Oh no. I tried to remove him and got this message-

Quote:Sorry, but you cannot perform this action on the specified user as they are a super administrator.

To be able to perform this action, you need to add your user ID to the list of super administrators in inc/config.php.

Where do I find that?
Using FTP, go to your site's forum route, then open the /inc/ folder and download config.php. Edit this file to add you and the other admins as Super Admins to give yourself full power.
In config.php you have to add this line

$config['super_admins'] = '1, 3818, 3561, 3493';

This is a copy of my config.php

so search your userid en put it inplace off 3818 end so on,

grtz

erigo19
Done, many thanks for your help.