MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade failed from 1.4.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What the hell has changed in these versions that suddenly means these functions return the completely wrong thing and make them do something totally different...??

function field_exists($field, $table)
{
	$query = $this->write_query("
		SHOW COLUMNS 
		FROM {$this->table_prefix}$table 
		LIKE '$field'
	");
	$exists = $this->num_rows($query);

if($exists > 0)
	{
		return true;
	}
	else
	{
		return false;
	}
}

This is very basic code, how could this return true when it should really be returning false just because of a new PHP version?? That's a pretty big thing they would have to have changed...
Except it isn't PHP 5.3.3/4 as I was running 5.3.3 when I upgraded my board to 1.6.0 from 1.4.13, and 5.3.4 when I went from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1. I don't understand why they would be having problems. I've been using PHP 5.3 since 5.3.0RC1.

[ ~]$ php --version
PHP 5.3.4 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Dec 15 2010 09:11:41) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
    with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH
[ ~]$ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.46, for mandriva-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1

I can only think that he maybe has something in his PHP configuration that is doing it, and that it isn't PHP in general. Did you get the ftp access details and check his copies of the files to make sure they aren't corrupted? Otherwise I have no clue what else it could be.
And I've also been developing plugins on this server so I know field_exists() works, since I've been using it for the is_installed() check in some of my plugins.
unfortunatly i haven't ftp access, i use scp, and sorry but create a ssh access can cause security issue on my server.

since with a change from php5.3.4 to 5.2.16 (with lighttpd + same version of sql) and same files (cp the dir on UploadBKP, this really can't make any difference)

also, standing to this post

RE: upgrade failed from 1.4.14 Best answer??
Yes, that's true.
MyBB don't works with the new php versions.

I tried to install on localhost, with the latest wampserver.

_http://www.wampserver.com/

- Apache 2.2.17
- Php 5.3.3
- Mysql 5.1.53 (version 64 bits)
- Mysql 5.5.8 (version 32 bits)
- PhpMyadmin 3.2.0.1
- SQLBuddy 1.3.2

the issue is always reproducible even with wampserver

And, just to give to you all the infos, field_exist _SEEMS_ to work, or all the plugins will cause a lot of trouble as dylan m. correctly state.

can i ask to you gentlemen to have a test with wampserver doing
an install of 1.4.X and a upgrade to 1.6.X?

But look at the code, it's if statements and a return, they can't change how those work, that's standard PHP. Plus I just did a test upgrade with a fresh install of WampServer, with PHP 5.3.3, and it worked fine.
Pages: 1 2