MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Idea...needs everyone's input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the MyBB Resource sites popping up, I came up with what I think is a great idea.

I would like to start a site (using the MyBB software of course) that will showcase all these sites in the one spot. Each site that is showcased will have there own section on the forum that will list specifics about the site (ie; link, founding year,alexa ranking,site category, etc...). Within each site's section, there will also be subforums where each sites owner can post any important announcements or draw attention to any extraordinary resources they may have created. There will be no resources posted on the site (unless the specific site owner wishes to do so)...I'd rather have members go to each site to download any such items. That will draw members back to each site.

I have already aquired a TLD for this project (MyBBtTeam.info). The reason I'm posting this is to get everyone's input.
  • Who would be interested in showcasing their site?
  • How many non-resource members would be interested in using a site like this?
  • Any ideas you think I should incorporate?

Note:Since we will be showcasing sites as opposed to resource downloads, Both free and paid resource sites are welcomed.

Please post below if you have any thoughts at all on this idea. Looking forward to good as well as bad responses to this.
Good idea. But it depends how to bring it up.

Because most of the time, when anyone needs to find a resource site, the just google it. So i don't think anyone will visit a site that has all the info about resource site and migrate to their suitable one.

But the thing why i say, its a good idea is, when lot of resources site owners support this, then a competition will arise such that they will always try to do new things to keep them higher from their competitors.
So they would normally post more in your forum about their latest updates, which will make the forum active.

So its neither good nor bad, but it can be made good, if it was implemented in a proper way.
There will also be general MyBB related sections there that will spark some discussions, but nothing too concentrated on one particular thing.

EDIT: Any resource site owner that would be interested in listing their site there, please indicate it in your reply. I need as many sites as possible to add before getting this off the ground.
Just wanted everyone to view the progress of this site as it happens. Still have tons of stuff I want to do, but would love feedback on the forum as it progresses.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's the link:
http://mybbteam.info
mybbfaq.com

Was Cohen's project and I believe he is now selling it.

Same idea as yours.
Selling Thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-80077.html
MyBBFAQ is nothing like MyBB Team.
Two different ideas completely.
Both sites are showcasing different mybb resource websites?
Where on MyBB Faq is Cohen showcasing MyBB Resource Sites?
http://mybbfaq.com/faq/

Click some of those links and you'll see.

However I don't believe he ever finished it.