MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude Awaiting Activation grp from Newest Member (Board Statistics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-11-17, 12:32 AM)xblazenx Wrote: [ -> ]So mybb 2.0 coming any time soon>?

There's nothing saying this feature will be corrected there. Seems there is no interest on the developer side. Sad
A lack of a reply for something that wouldn't be changed for a few years does not mean that we've just ignored it.
(2010-11-17, 09:26 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]A lack of a reply for something that wouldn't be changed for a few years does not mean that we've just ignored it.

Why a few years? What would change in a few years, to make this modification more worthwhile than it is now? Or is it just a time/resources issue? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just to understand the process. This seems like a simple and sensible change to the default behavior, and to satisfy those that would for some reason NOT want it, there could be a configuration setting for it in the ACP.

Thank you
By 'developers' I thought you meant MyBB developers, and the lack of any developer saying whether or not it'd ever be included. As I've said multiple times, this will not be in any 1.6 release, this is not the sort of thing we add or change in maintenance releases. If you want a plugin, use the plugin requests forum, that's why it's there.
I posted it in the requests area the other day. Hopefully someone is able to help. Thanks
I thought I had seen a plugin that does exactly this...
I actually got this to work - I did it for banned members, but it can be for any usergroups you choose Smile

I had to edit two core files to do it though.... index.php and stats.php. However, now I no longer have a welcome to the newest user where the newest user is BANNED..... also scrubbed the buggers off the memberlist (another core edit - I dont know how to put a plugin in a core file)

(2010-11-28, 01:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I actually got this to work - I did it for banned members, but it can be for any usergroups you choose Smile

I had to edit two core files to do it though.... index.php and stats.php. However, now I no longer have a welcome to the newest user where the newest user is BANNED..... also scrubbed the buggers off the memberlist (another core edit - I dont know how to put a plugin in a core file)

Cool! Would you mind sharing your code changes, so I can use them as a guide for mine? Your Member List idea is really good also!
Well, I am working on a post right now on my own board - once I have all finished I can share them all - if you want to see parts one and two (memberlist and board stats) they are here on my board

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forum-10-page-1.html

Indexstats next Smile Each piece is separate so you can have one and two only while waiting for 3.
(2010-11-28, 04:22 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I am working on a post right now on my own board - once I have all finished I can share them all - if you want to see parts one and two (memberlist and board stats) they are here on my board

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forum-10-page-1.html

Indexstats next Smile Each piece is separate so you can have one and two only while waiting for 3.

AWESOME! The first one worked great. The second did also, but the INDEX one will be more important to me, because that is what my members see, and base their welcome posts on. THANK YOU so much for your work!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4