MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search bb code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I make a code to search a thread?

I am dividing the post up into sections...

Sneak Peek:

Tutorial 1.0

Sections:

1.0 = Batch

1.1 = Introduction

1.2 = Getting Started

1.3 = Basics

1.4 = Echo

1.5 = Sections

1.6 = Title

1.7 = Color

1.9 = Variables

2.0 = Loop
[/b]

They are all going in one post...

For each section though, I want the user to be able to click for ex. 1.0 "Batch"

and it will take them to section 1.0.
I'm not sure if it is possible to make a MyCode to search a thread.
you probably need two codes, one for the main link and the other for the anchor, but it will be tough as you can end up with multiple anchors with the same name in a thread if two of the same type of posts are made.

you could make [anchor=10batch]1.0 Batch[/anchor] which could result in an <a name=10batch> replacement

and then [link=10batch]click here for 1.0 batch[/link] which would make a <a href=main_part_of_url#10batch>click here for 1.0 batch</a> type replacement but you need to figure out the code for the "main part of the url" part, if its even possible.

otherwise you can go back and edit the post to add regular URL codes with the anchors in them

I just did this. =\ <a href="http://timetotalkforums.com/showthread.php?tid=52&highlight=$1">$1</a> so it was that thread only which is only what I needed.