MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need some assistance with upgrading to 1.6...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

When time permits, I would appreciate it if someone can help me upgrade to 1.6. I have not had the time to do it yet. Since I do not mess with my site much, I would prefer someone to help me out so I don't screw it up. My URL is in my signature.

Send me a PM if you are willing to help me out.

Thanks.
You can do it yourself easily. Wink All you need to do is deactivate all your plugins, close your board, take a backup via the ACP (or phpMyAdmin), then upload the 1.6 files, overwriting all files, then just browse to /install/upgrade.php and run the upgrade script.
There's step by step directions on the Wiki, if you follow those you can't go far wrong - http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading

If you're still not happy doing it, PM login details and I'll take a look when I get time. Smile
Overwriting the files seems to give me trouble. That's what happened last time. Also, do I need to delete any files, or does the upgrade script take care of them? and how can I be sure that member info won't be lost??

Thanks
The upgrade just updates your forums, it won't delete anything. Confused
Deleting files is not necessary.
If you take a database and file backup you'll be fine whatever happens.

Overwriting files shouldn't be a problem, your FTP client will just replace the files with the new copies.